Saturday, January 16, 2010

Oooh, broken promises!


A little pillow case I made for my sister, because she likes the Santorini fabric


Remember at the end of the last post when I promised 'more posting, more often'?  Well, that was clearly not the truth.

So, here I am. 

Let's see... in crafting news, I received a new Pfaff sewing machine from my husband!  It's pretty awesome and about 7000% better than what I was sewing on before.  Pfaffy and I just have to make friends and figure each other out and then I'm sure I'll get rocking on that.

As a practice run on the new machine I made some cloth napkins.  I think they are a great thing to make because they are environmentally friendly, take virtually no time  take virtually no fabric and, once mastered, will make a great house-warming present, etc. (Not to mention, a possible craft business item!)

Don't have the photos taken yet.  Spent the bulk of the week alone as hubby was traveling for work, so I'm afraid that crafting is always the first thing to go during busy times.  Sad, but true.

Will post a cloth napkin mini-tute when I get rolling again.

Here are a few things that have been inspiring me these days:

Vintage Cateye glasses onesie, by Ashley Ann

Craftzine's Top 100 craft tutorials of 2009

Make it and Love it's Gathered Flannel Scarf Tutorial

Oh!  The inspiration is not missing, that's for sure.  Just time.  Always time.

No comments:

Post a Comment