Monday, October 26, 2009

Why craft?

Next project! A currently non-assembled selection of prints for a baby quilt.


Have you ever tried to explain your craftiness to non-crafter-types? It's painful. For everyone. The non-crafters don't understand the time and effort taken. It seems so boring to them.
I don't know what to say in this situation. I love to take on a craft challenge or project.
How do you explain something so fun, so gratifying and so rewarding? I guess you don't.
What I would love the most is more time to take on new projects.

I have 2 little boys, aged 3 and 1, and I'm a stay-at-home mom. The whirl-wind of the last 3 1/2 years has made time a blur and leisure projects a pipe-dream. But, recently, it seems like there might be a tiny light at the end of the tunnel. It's still crazy here, but it's almost like I can foresee a creative window opening in the near future.

This blog will be primarily dedicated to projects and artists and pieces that I love, with an occasional entry of something I managed to do myself. There are so many inspiring craft places to visit on the web, it seems a shame not to pass them along.


Thanks for looking.


Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment