Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bibs and bits




So I've been chuggin' along with all my projects. I've found a great grad student from the U who has been taking the boys out a few afternoons a week. I kiss them goodbye and then run to the sewing machine. Must craft while the crafting's good.

Above are two of my denim bibs, inspired by thimbly things great post. My bibs are destined for a niece (a bit girly for my boys, dontcha think?). They have been named the "Audrey" bibs, because I decided they're what Audrey Hepburn would have worn, bib-wise, had she had a choice in toddler-hood.
I'm on my third pair of Goodwill jean, re-purposing the denim. It's amazing what you can make out of a pair of 48's!
I still have a million project on the go and forming in my mind. Like this purse, from Little Birdie Secrets and this cute card project from zakka life.
Oh, and I'm working on an embroidery project that has the potential to be the funniest Christmas present ever. Seriously.
So, must go. Boys and Hub will be home soon and must sweep up my sewing debris and think dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment